Gaucha Translations has received a Notice of Intent to Award from the Oregon Department of Administrative Service
Price Agreement PO-10700-00004203 Interpreting Services
Gaucha Translations Interpreting Work Order
This Request for Proposals (RFP) was drafted in consultation with qualified interpreters in Oregon.
Some highlights of this Price Agreement:
- Helen Eby, sole proprietor owner of Gaucha Translations, provides interpreting services directly. This includes subcontracting with a partner when team interpreting is required.
- Interpreting services will be provided by interpreters who hold the relevant certifications.
- Certified interpreters in Oregon and Washington undergo background checks and have specific continuing education requirements to maintain their certification.
- Helen Eby, owner of Gaucha Translations, provides interpreting services in Spanish, not in other languages.
- The needs of the requester are discussed by telephone before issuing a proposal for most assignments.
- The client receives an invoice through the QuickBooks platform and can pay by credit card.
Gaucha Translations LLC minimums and cancellation fees
In the interpreting field, the following are commonly assumed expectations:
- Minimum two hours or the scheduled block of time, whichever is greater.
- Full payment expected when the event is cancelled with less than two business days’ notice.
These practices can be found in the Oregon Judicial Department Payment Protocols for Contract Court Interpreters dated January 2022, which reflects standard practices in the interpreting field. Please note that the Oregon court rates for interpreting are specific to the Oregon courts. Interpreting rates typically vary based on the type of appointment.
The International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC) agreement clarifies expectations in the conference interpreting field.
Attachment H DASPS-2860-17 (LANGUAGE SERVICES – INTERPRETING SERVICES) Helen Eby
Attachment B DASPS-2860-17 (LANGUAGE SERVICES – INTERPRETING SERVICES) Helen Eby signed
Resources on remote interpreting
AIIC Interpreter Checklist: Performing Remote Interpreting Assignments from Home in extremis during the Covid-19 Pandemic
Tips for speakers for virtual multilingual meetings with simultaneous or consecutive interpretation (by AIIC)
ATA Position Paper on Remote Interpreting
Spoken Language Interpreter Job Description (published by the ATA Interpreters Division)
Remote Interpreting as a Specialty (Oregon Health Authority)
Standards of Practice and Ethics for Washington State Judiciary Interpreters (Washington Courts)
Interpreting Services Rates October 2021
|In person/Remote||Area of interpreting||Rate||Minimum||Cancellation policy
Includes all modes of interpreting
|$70/hr per interpreter||3 hours||48 hours: min fee or 50% anticipated fee, whichever is greater. 24 hours: 100% anticipated fee or min fee, whichever is greater. There is also 100% reimbursement for LEP or provider no show.
|Both||Conference||$150/hr per interpreter||3 hours||48 hours: min fee or 50% anticipated fee, whichever is greater. 24 hours: 100% anticipated fee or min fee, whichever is greater. There is also 100% reimbursement for LEP or provider no show.
|In person||Healthcare||$50/hr||2 hours||There is a late cancellation fee of 100% reimbursement for cancellations made within 48 hours of the scheduled start time.
There is also 100% reimbursement for LEP or provider no show.
|RSI||Non profit||$135/hr||2 hours||48 hours: min fee or 50% anticipated fee, whichever is greater. 24 hours: 100% anticipated fee or min fee, whichever is greater.
Scope of work:
Gaucha Translations provides interpreting, but not tech support or written translations during the event.
Helen Eby is an ATA certified English to Spanish and Spanish to English translator and can provide translation services as needed under a separate agreement.