Interpreting Practice Resources
- Interpretapes from the University of Arizona
- ACEBO – resources for interpreting study and practice
- Practice Dialogues (audio)
- Digital Download – Medical Interpretools from the University of Arizona
- Training videos available
- Federal Court Interpreter Orientation Manual and Glossary, updated May 8, 2014
- National Center for State Courts – resources for certification
Resources developed by Helen Eby
Multi-Languages Annual Conference 2013
- Dr. Andrew Clifford: Striving for Simo (simultaneous interpreting in community and medical interpreting settings)
- Helen Campbell: Note-Taking for Consecutive Interpreting – Back to Basics
- Holly Mikkelson: Interpreting in Legal Settings – Part 1
- Holly Mikkelson: Interpreting in Legal Settings – Part 2
For the full set of videos of the Multi-Languages Corporation annual conferences, click on this link.
Holly Mickelson has written an excellent article about how to prepare for a certification exam. She gives details about how to prepare for the written exam and for the oral exam. If you want more study resources, The Interpreter’s RX is an excellent guide with an organized glossary and practice material. It is available on her site for $60.